Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, August 31, 2012

Best Fantasy Football Draft Ever?

One of my recent addictions over the past few years has been fantasy football, last year I actually won my league (Thanks to Jimmy Graham and Reggie Bush!).  Every year I study the teams, research the players, look at who's trending up or down on the draft boards.  This all culminates into the big event at the beginning of the season, THE DRAFT!!





Every year after the draft I think that I have just had the best draft ever, and my team is the best ever.  Last year I had my perfect draft ruined by injuries (thanks a lot Darren Mcfadden, Jamaal Charles, and Miles Austin).  This year is no different, in that, I believe I just might have the perfect team!  

Now, above is a photo of my current team, but I figured I'd walk you through the draft from my perspective and give you the play-by-play of this epic fantasy draft.
1st round kicked off and I was the 4th  pick, probably the best pick in my opinion because it kept me in the running for one of the big 3 RB's (Lesean McCoy, Ray Rice and Arian Foster), and also kept me far down enough in the 1st round to get a decent pick in the 2nd.  Foster went first, with Rodgers and Rice going next which left me with LeSean McCoy who I probably would've drafted over Rice anyway so I was happy with this pick.  

2nd round comes around and I had already decided I was going to go with 2 RB's to start off the draft (I'll be posting a blog about my RB first strategy next so stay tuned!!), so I grabbed Darren Mcfadden.  I chose DMC over guys like Demarco Murray and Jamaal Charles because he is just so explosive and is the focal point of the offense there in Oakland.  I'm taking a risk on him staying healthy all season but I think he'll pay off for me.

3rd round is up and I had a choice of grabbing Andre Johnson or Jimmy Graham.  I chose Graham because he is such and elite player for a TE and the WR position is so deep in this draft and Graham is like having another receiver on your roster he is just a beast!  I was so glad to get him because he was my man all last year and I'm sticking with him again this year.  

4th round I had a miracle drop in my lap, and this is why i think this is my best fantasy draft ever!  Julio Jones was still around in the 4th round! (now i should probably preface by stating that this was an 8 team draft but still the 4h round?!).  Needless to say I snatched him up and expect him to carry my team to victory.

5th round I got Marshawn Lynch because there were no RB's after him and he should be a solid flex RB for me.

6th round I finally grabbed a QB and was able to get Tony Romo which for the 6th round I was ecstatic to get him that late.

I won't bore you anymore with the rest of my draft, since the picture of my team is there anyway, but I am very excited about my team this year.  I have a couple of stud RB's and a young breakout WR with some solid WR behind him.  If my guys can stay relatively healthy (yes I'm talking to you Darren McFadden) then I think I could take the championship this year.  Of course only time will tell, but I'm super excited for the season to start.

3 comments:

  1. Was this the league you and Jordan wanted me to join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's a different league. We haven't done the draft for the one me and Jordan are in so there's still time for you to join :)

      Delete
  2. Don't worry your dreams will be crushed when I beat you! :)

    ReplyDelete