Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

So I was going to do another music blog but I couldn't resist talking about my Broncos.  As you already have gathered from my other blogs, I am a huge fantasy football fan.  However, on Sunday night I will not be looking at fantasy numbers or my team's stats.  I will be focused on one thing only; the Broncos vs the Steelers.  I am obviously biased as to how I think this game will turn out, but let me attempt to be logical and give you a few reasons why Denver will come out ahead in this match up.
P.S. This is a sick picture, I love it!


Reason #1:  The Steelers' injuries
The Pittsburgh Steelers will be playing shorthanded on the defensive side of the ball (much like they were in their playoff loss to Denver at the hands of Tim Tebow, I just had throw that in there!).  Ryan Clark one of their starting safeties will not be at the game because of a blood condition that he has which does not allow him to play at high altitudes.  James Harrison, one of Pittsburgh's top linebackers is also questionable for the game.  In addition, David DeCastro, their rookie guard whom they drafted in the first round is out.  Their starting running back is not expected to play, and their 2nd string running back is questionable as well.  While Denver has some players out with injury as well, these are key starters not suiting up for the Steelers, and could be problematic for them in this game.

Reason #2: Denver's D
While Denver's defense is largely untested thus far and has a few question marks, namely their ability to stop the run, I believe their pass rush will give Big Ben havoc all day.  Pittsburgh already had a shaky offensive line, couple that with DeCastro being out and Elvis Dumervil, Von Miller, and Derek Wolfe all coming after him, I think we will see Ben Roethlisberger on his back for the majority of this game.  This is assuming that they will be throwing the ball a lot since they will be running with a 3rd string RB.

Reason #3: Two words


"Peyton Manning"  Need I say more.

Go Broncos!


No comments:

Post a Comment